Office: Grünangergasse 1, 1010 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43/1/ 5051349/31
Fax: +43/1/ 5051349/99
Dr. Barbara Kolm is the leading female libertarian in Europe, the Vice President of the Austrian Central Bank, Director of the Austrian Economics Center (#1 Independent Think Tank in Austria and #21 in the world), President of the Hayek Institut, Professor of Austrian Economics at the University of Donja Gorica in Montenegro, and serves on several supervisory boards e.g. Vice President of the Austrian Central Bank; Vienna Insurance Group, Supervisory Board of Wiener Städtische Wechselseitiger Versicherungsverein – Vermögensverwaltung; Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien. She was appointed Vice-Chair of the UN ITU Focus Group on Environmental Efficiency for Artificial Intelligence and other Emerging Technologies (AI4EE) and Chair of the Thematic Group on the United for Smart Sustainable City Index.
She is the recipient of the Global Network Award from the German Hayek Society (2019), an Honorary PhD from the University of Donja Gorica (2019), and the Global IP Award for Excellence in Advocacy by the Global Intellectual Property Rights and Innovation Center of the US Chamber of Commerce (2016), amongst other distinctions.
Dr. Kolm has given numerous talks on some of the most pressing economic issues of our time, such as the geopolitical challenges posed by a rising China and the need for serious economic reforms to the bloated welfare states in Europe. The European example is very familiar to Dr. Kolm, who has spoken at length (most recently at CPAC) and eloquently about the need for the United States not to adopt the failed socialist nostrums of Europe. She is eminently well acquainted with public administration on local/municipal as well as federal and national levels, and of geopolitical challenges for Europe, the perennial wisdom of the Austrian School of Economics, and her suggestions concerning structural reforms are rife with the insights of the Austrian School. Her renowned expertise on matters of budgetary, fiscal, and monetary policy has brought her to the position of Vice President of the Austrian Central Bank.
Dr. Kolm not only talks the talk but also walks the walk. She has successfully managed private enterprises and non-profit organizations, and has been engaged in other entrepreneurial activities, for instance building the Austrian Economics Center from scratch to being the leading think tank in Austria within 12 years. Additionally, she is the founder and organizer of the Free Market Road Show, a forum for discussions and the exchange of ideas, in co-operation with over 100 leading think tanks and universities.
She has been invited to give keynote addresses at countless international conferences (some of which are listed below), and is an experienced, effective, and engaging speaker. Her versatility makes her an ideal speaker for various occasions.
Speaker at international conferences (exemplary):
- Economic Recovery And Growth, Skopje September 2021
- Smart Sustainability, Green Finance, International Railway Fair, Moscow August 2021
- Freedom Fest, Rapid City July 2021
- What Future for Europe, Madrid June 2021
- Greek House Davos, June 2021
- Gender, Money and Finance, April 2021
- Association for Private Enterprise Education, April 2021
- Economic Outlook, May 2020
- UNO, Digital Transformation of Cities, December 2020
- GTIPA, COVID and Economic Consequenzes, October 2020
- Future Forum, Bildung und Gesundheit, October 2020
- UNO, SDG – Financing Sustainability, September 2020
- CSU, Next Generation EU, August 2020
- SME, What future for cash vs. digital currencies, June 2020
- European Economic Senate, Monetary Policy, April 2020
- CPAC, Healthcare, Washington DC, Feber 2020
- National Defense College, New Delhi, November 2019
- US Airforce Base, Ramstein, September 2019
- FreedomFest, Las Vegas, July 2019
- European Economic Senate, June 2019
- Geneva Group International, Budapest, September 2018
- Merck Pharma, St. Ullrich, September 2018
- U4SSC, Malaga, May 2018
- International Atlantic Economic Society, London, March 2018
- BIO Convention, San Diego, June 2017
- Real Estate Impactor 2017, Gdansk, May 2017
- Widening the Pathways to Open Societies, Panama, February 2017
Awards and Honors (excerpt)
- Global IP Award for Excellence in Advocacy, by the Global Intellectual Property Rights and Innovation Center of the US Chamber of Commerce, 12/2016
- Ranked in 64th place out of 100 top influencers in free market economy in 2017 by newsmax.com
- Hayek Society Award, Recipient of the Global Network Award by the German Hayek Society, 06/2019
Membership in national and international advisory commissions.